Fri, 7 May 2010
MHF Show Notes - Episode 14
MHF Hosts: Nate, Zyola, Doug, Mike
Who's been or is going flying? What have we been up to?
- Flew a U-2 (Kite) with my daughter.
- Woman at my nephews birthday party told my daughter "Girls don't fly airplanes."
- Doug in N2477J - C172S - 1.2 hours and yes I can still land an airplane.
- I am now a proud member of JEFA - Jeppesen Employee Flying Association.
- Tomahawk N9916T is back online and I flew her this morning
- Was a guest on the Airspeed podcast live EAA radio show
- Lost my mind while listening to Sun n Fun radio, and in a moment of temporary insanity bought last minute red eye tickets for me and the wife and flew to Florida for the weekend for Sun n Fun.
- We sat in a CH 750, had a hard time getting anywhere from all the distractions.
- Then we did our first tweet up of SnF with Marin Bushcaddy on twitter, and his wife
- we were invited to be on the pilots flight pod log on Sun n Fun radio as guests. We had a lot of fun hanging with Will and Dave, other people we knew from twitter, but yet were meeting face to face for the first time. Rod, from my transponder, Marty "@pilot2b on twitter, Dave from copter cast @DavidThurlow on twitter, Julie vessigault @JulieVessigault on twitter, Phil @mdNomad on twitter
- Met Jack from UCAp came over to meet us, and then later we met Dave, and Jeb as well.
- We all went to dinner, including Daves wife and kids, and Rico from Wilco Films.
- Sunday we Interviewed John of the RAF - Recreational Aviation Foundation
- Thursday Night I was in MA and had a tweet up dinner with Rick, @rfelty on twitter, & Jeff Ward @scofreyjet on twitter
- Tuesday I'm at the Zenith Factory in Mexico MO, hopefully flying in a CH750
- Busy with CAP stuff. Mission Radio Officer completed, need one more flight for Mission Scanner. SAREX this weekend, but had to work overnight Saturday into Sunday, so didn't go.
- Loved watching the Tweets and listening to SnF Radio via LiveATC. And the photos. Nice! Missed Mike's appearance on the NotAtSnF Podcast.
- LiveATC node here at the house locked up last week. Problem with wireless router. Fixed it. Sorry to listeners!
- Talked to the President of the Colorado Pilots Association about doing a quick interview. We haven't been able to sync up our schedules, but fly-ins and activities have started!
Regional/National Aviation News
- Aspen Flying Club 2nd Annual Fly-In to Limon, CO - BBQ! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113528308680427&ref=mf
- Vance Brand (KLMO - Longmont) may be expanding it's runway
- Colorado Pilot's Association Calendar of Events - upcoming, May 15th, Pagosa Springs, CO fly-in, and CPA Fly-In on May 22-23 to Moab, UT!
Aviation News we've heard about
Shoutouts & Thank You's
- Pilot_Dude on Twitter from Panama City Panama, I would love to come visit.
- Rod, from my transponder @mytransponder
- Marty @pilot2b on twitter
- Dave from copter cast @DavidThurlow on twitter
- Julie Vessigault @JulieVessigault on twitter
- Phil @mdNomad on twitter
- Rick, @rfelty on twitter
- Jeff Ward @scofreyjet
- Dave from the pilots flight pod log @Daveflys on twitter
- Will from the pilots flight pod log @pilotwill
- Rico from Wilco Films "A Pilots Story" @WilcoFilms
- Adam Fast @adamcanfly
Reaching Across the Fence
http://learntoflyday.com/ - May 15th (20 days until this!)
Ninety-Nines, Inc., July 5-9, 2010 in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i
Air Race Classic, "Racing the Wind," July 22-25, 2010, From Fort Meyers, FL to Frederick, MD
OSH2010, July 26-August 1, 2010 in Oshkosh, WI
Cleared to Taxi to Parking
Doug @dhindmanjr on Twitter www.twitter.com/dhindmanjr
Zyola @Supovadea, on Twitter, My Blog, MyTransponder, Girls With Wings, just Google Supovadea
Mike @Mike_Flys on Twitter, http://mike-daniels.blogspot.com, MJD on MyTransponder
Nate @denverpilot on Twitter, MyTransponder, Facebook and the world
@MileHighFlyers on Twitter
email the crew at MHF@milehighflyers.com
Always Check Density Altitude!
Direct download: Attempted_Ambushes.mp3
-- posted at: 9:05 AM